We have a new name and logo but are still Read More ...
Enriching education in Wheaton-Warrenville District 200 for more than 20 years
The Student Excellence Foundation (Foundation), formerly NEW 200, engages the community to enrich educational opportunities for District 200 students with:
- Student Excellence Grants, fostering innovation in the classroom.
- Future-ready learning resources, stimulating creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and collaboration.
- STEM materials (science, technology, engineering, and math), offering hands-on activities which allow students to retain more of what they are taught.
- Enrichment opportunities, such as educational events or programs.
- Distinguished Teacher Awards for educators who personify educational excellence in the classroom.
Combining the above initiatives with a quality District 200 education, motivates students to excel and “reach for the stars!”
Education is Changing
The 21st century requires critical thinking and problem-solving skills rather than just learning facts, as may have been sufficient in the past. Education is being reshaped through advancements in technology, and strategies designed to prepare students for success in a global workforce.
65% of today’s grade schoolers will hold jobs that don’t even exist yet. They'll use technologies that haven't been invented to find solutions for problems that haven't emerged yet.
“We cannot build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
Raise Awareness – Tell your friends and coworkers about us, follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and sign up to receive our e-newsletter.
Donate – Empower students to reach their greatest potential.
Volunteer – Serve as a committee member.
As an all-volunteer organization with low overhead, 87% of your donation goes directly to the students.
The Student Excellence Foundation for Wheaton-Warrenville District 200, formerly the Network for Educational Excellence in Wheaton-Warrenville (NEW 200), is a 501(c)(3) organization (EIN # 36-3786044). Your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.