This has been an exciting year of revitalization and growth. We are pleased to report the impact of this work on the students of District 200. During the 2016-2017 school year, the Foundation:
- Awarded 27 Student Excellence Grants, fostering innovation in the classroom.
- Provided future-ready programs and resources to 19 schools, stimulating creativity, critical thinking, communication, and collaboration.
- Funded over $57,000 worth of new programs, materials and resources to teachers and students.
- Helped raise $75,000 for classroom build-outs for the new Business INCubator courses at both high schools.
- Implemented Fund-A-Classroom, a crowd-funding website unique to District 200.
- To all 13 elementary schools in District 200; provided re-usable engineering cubes consisting of STEM materials that provide hands-on learning opportunities that deepen student engagement and increase collaboration and problem solving skills.
None of this would have been possible without the generous support of our donors and volunteers. Thank you!