The Foundation offers Student Excellence Grants to CUSD200 educators for new or innovative projects that will enhance the quality of education provided to students. The minimum grant amount is $500. Grants typically range between $500 and $2,500; a larger amount will be considered if the applicant can demonstrate that the project will provide a greater than average benefit to students.
To get started:
Download the Spring 2019 Instructions and Review Criteria and Grant Application. Carefully review them to see if your idea can qualify. Fill out the Grant Application as a Word or Google Docs document and then print it. Sign the Grant Application, ask your principal to complete and sign the Principal’s Threshold Review, then scan both parts as a PDF and submit to Grants@StudentExcellenceFoundation.org by midnight on Friday, February 15, 2019.
Who can submit a Student Excellence Grant request?
Any District 200 school educator who works directly with students (teacher, LLC Director, counselor, social worker, principal, etc.) is eligible to apply for a Student Excellence Grant. The educator’s principal and District 200 administration review all applications to ensure consistency with District policy and to confirm that the project falls outside of the normal operating budget.
What kinds of projects can be funded by Student Excellence Grants?
- Supports innovation through creative teaching strategies and/or creative materials or equipment
- Supports student collaboration and cooperation by students
- Supports differentiation, personalization, and individualization of instruction
Student Excellence Grants have been used to support these kinds of projects by funding classroom materials, books, flexible furniture, technology, and professional development.
Is there anything the Student Excellence Foundation will not fund?
- Supplies, except for unique supplies necessary to support a specific educational initiative
- Textbooks, except for small quantities for innovative/pilot programs
- Subscriptions (except as a minor part of a larger project) or transportation costs for field trips
- Teacher stipends or salaries
- Expenses that are within normal school operating budgets
- Reimbursement for expenditures made prior to award of the grant
For a complete list, please see the Instructions and Review Criteria. We work closely with District 200 to ensure that our support is effectively targeted to advance learning and match District and school goals. Requests for devices or equipment that cannot be supported by the District or does not facilitate enrichment opportunities that fit grant criteria will not be considered.
Grants are funded by community donations from corporations and individuals. Grant applications are reviewed by a committee of 10-12 community volunteers. Student Excellence Grants will be awarded about 8 weeks after the deadline.
For more information, contact us at Grants@StudentExcellenceFoundation.org or 630-474-1344.