The Student Excellence Foundation (Foundation) engages the community to enrich educational opportunities for District 200 students with:
- Student Excellence Grants, fostering innovation in the classroom.
- Future-ready learning resources, stimulating creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and collaboration.
- STEM materials (science, technology, engineering, and math), offering hands-on activities which allow students to retain more of what they are taught.
- Enrichment opportunities, such as educational events or programs.
- Distinguished Teacher Awards for educators who personify educational excellence in the classroom.
Combining the above initiatives with a quality District 200 education, motivates students to excel and “reach for the stars!”
Donations during 2016-2017
During the 2016-17 school year, the Foundation has contributed over $16,000 worth of new programs,materials and resources to District 200 teachers and students.
You can see highlights from the 2015-16 school year in our Annual Report.
The Foundation awarded Student Excellence Grants totaling $208,000 between 2004 - December 2016. Many of those materials can be used for multiple years and will benefit future students coming into those classrooms.