The Student Excellence Foundation engages the community to enrich educational opportunities for District 200 students with:
- Student Excellence Grants, fostering innovation in the classroom.
- Future-ready learning resources, stimulating creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and collaboration.
- STEM materials (science, technology, engineering, and math), offering hands-on activities which allow students to retain more of what they are taught.
- Enrichment opportunities, such as educational events or programs.
- Distinguished Teacher Awards for educators and teachers who personify excellence in the classroom.
Combining the above initiatives with a quality District 200 education, motivates students to excel and “reach for the stars!”
Impact during 2016-2017
With donors support, during the 2016-17 school year, the Foundation contributed over $57,000 worth of new programs, materials and resources to District 200 teachers and students. Many of these materials can be used for multiple years and will benefit future students coming into those classrooms.
You can see highlights from the 2016-17school year in our Annual Report.
In the last 25 years, over $525,000 has been contributed to students and teachers in District 200!
THANK YOU DONORS!