Thank you donors, for helping enrich education!
In October 2017, we received 21 grant requests from District 200 educators. We were thrilled that so many educators proposed creative, exciting projects to offer their students. Our grant review committee diligently reviewed the applications, compared them to grant criteria, and recommended the grants for funding.
Because of our generous donors, we were able to award 12 grants valued over $15,000. We were delighted to surprise them in their classrooms in December with the news. Teachers, students, and principals were thrilled with the exciting news!
Fall 2017 Grants Awarded:
• devices for digital notes and sketches (7th grade Science)
• 3D printer for STEM maker space (high school Special Ed, I Level Physics)
• 3D Virtual Reality video equipment for vocational training (Transition Program)
• hands-on devices to teach number relationships (K-5 Math Coaching)
• logic games to build a growth mindset (K-5 Social Emotional Learning) • flexible furniture & materials for classroom STEM center (All Day Kindergarten)
• flexible classroom seating (7th grade Social Studies)
• materials to help students maximize and focus attention (K-5)
• self-contained hydroponic gardens (6th grade science)
• books & materials for STEM and Social Emotional Learning (All Day Kindergarten)
• books & periodicals to encourage reading focused on English Learners (All Day K)
• Early Numeracy Curriculum (Early Childhood Center Math)