Employer: Head of Sales Operations at Shipwell, a startup providing automation, visibility, and connectivity to supply chains. Past: AdGooroo/Kantar, KGM Consulting , LaSalle Bank/ABN AMRO, eLoyalty/Technology Solutions Company
District 200 Students: Two sons who attended Hawthorne Elementary, currently attending Franklin, and will attend Wheaton North next year.
Community & Service Experience:
- Member of District 200 Enrollment Committee
- Peoples Resource Center: Computer Instructor and Food Pantry Volunteer
- Advisory Board Member for Simmons Knife and Saw, a family owned manufacturing company in Glendale Heights
- Hawthorne PTA: Former President, Vice President, District PTA Rep, Member of District PTA scholarship committee 2014-2018
- UNICEF: Kantar Leadership Challenge member in Peru 2018
Kara graduated with a BS in both Management Information Systems and Decision Sciences from Miami University in Oxford Ohio. She’s married to Colin Murphy, a local business owner and youth coach in every sport that their sons have played; with both parents chauffeuring or attending sporting events most days of the week. Kara has spent her career improving people, process, and technology efficiencies across various companies and industries.