The Foundation offers Student Excellence Grants to CUSD200 educators. We select projects that will enhance the quality of education provided to students. The minimum grant amount is $500. Grants typically range up to $2,500; a larger amount will be considered if the applicant demonstrates the project will provide a greater than average benefit to students.
What kinds of projects can be funded by Student Excellence Grants?
- Supports innovation through creative teaching strategies and/or creative materials or equipment
- Supports student collaboration and cooperation
- Supports differentiation, personalization, and individualization of instruction
- Supports CUSD200 FIT goals and/or Social-Emotional Learning
Student Excellence Grants have supported these goals by funding classroom materials, books, flexible furniture, technology, and professional development. We work closely with District 200 to ensure that our support is effectively targeted to advance learning consistent with District and school goals.
We offer two grant rounds:
- Applications for fall grants are accepted shortly after the beginning of the school year; implementation should occur during the second half of the same school year
- Applications for spring grants are accepted shortly after the beginning of the second half of the school year; implementation should occur during the first half of the following school year
The Spring 2022 round is closed. The deadline for submitting Fall 2022 Student Excellence Grants on Foundation Give will be late September, 2022.
How Do I Apply? What’s the Process?
- Download and review the Quick Start Guide for the basics.
- Register as a user at FoundationGive.com with your CUSD200 email address — just click on “Register” in the upper right. (if you are already registered, you don’t need to register again, just log in.) Note: If you don’t see your school in the dropdown list, just type in your school’s name and it will appear below – click on it to select.
- Log in and enter the information about your proposed grant on the “Grants” page at FoundationGive.
- You can save your work and return to it any time — just be sure to click “Save Grant Application” before you exit.
- Be sure to include all costs in your project budget — shipping, accessories necessary to implement your project, etc.
- When you finish your application, click “Save and Submit for Approval”.
- Your principal and a District administrator will review your application to ensure consistency with District policies and confirm the project falls outside of the normal operating budget.
- The Foundation’s grant committee will review your application according to the Foundation’s criteria.
- The final decision is made by the Foundation Board about 2 months after the submission deadline.
What We Don’t Fund:
- Supplies, except for unique supplies necessary to support a specific educational initiative*
- Subscriptions where the materials or information will become inaccessible or no longer usable after the grant period*
- Transportation costs for field trips*
- Devices or equipment that cannot be supported by District 200
- Textbooks, except for small quantities for innovative/pilot programs
- Teacher stipends or salaries
- Expenses that are within normal school operating budgets
- Reimbursement for expenditures made prior to the award of the grant
* May be eligible for funding through a Fund-A-Classroom Campaign
How are Student Excellence Grants Funded?
Grants are funded by community donations from businesses and individuals, including educators via the WWEA and parents contributing during school registration.
For more information, contact us at Grants@StudentExcellenceFoundation.org or 630-474-1344.