Student Excellence Grants fund innovative ideas that enhance student learning and support District 200’s Vision 2026 Strategic Plan. Examples include math manipulatives, classroom libraries, specialized technology and equipment, and professional development. The scope varies: one classroom, multiple classrooms, and LLC’s or other facilities serving whole schools.
We award Student Excellence Grants in a competitive process to educators who work directly with students — teachers, LLC Directors, Reading and Math Specialists, Social Workers, and principals.
Educators apply for grants relating to one or more of the following categories:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM)
- Social Studies
- Physical Education and Fine Arts
- Social Emotional Learning
- Diversity and Inclusion
Before you apply, first review our Grant Procedures You can download and print this guide for reference as you work on your application.
To begin, sign up at this Kaleidoscope link: Student Excellence Grants (You can sign up but can only start an application when they are open — see below)
When to Apply:
We offer two rounds of grants each school year:
- Fall: Applications open just after the start of the school year, and are due in October. We notify D200 staff via email regarding specific dates.
- Spring: Applications open at the beginning of second semester and are due in February. We notify D200 staff via email regarding specific dates.
How are Student Excellence Grants Funded?
These grants are funded by individual and business donations to the Foundation, as compared to our Fund-A-Classroom program, which relies on donations designated for specific campaigns on our crowdfunding platform.
You can support the Foundation:
- Make a one-time donation to the Foundation. Donate Today to support Student Excellence Grants and our other programs.
- Donate to the Foundation out of each paycheck through the Wheaton Warrenville Education Association’s Annual Appeal in March. Contact Bryce Cann for more information.
For more information contact us at Grants@StudentExcellenceFoundation.org or 630-474-1344.